The Hurlburt Field Pharmacy processes prescriptions from on- and off-base medical providers for eligible beneficiaries in accordance with the DoD formulary.
Sent to Hurlburt Field by an MTF Provider?
Sent to Hurlburt Field by a non-MTF/Civilian Provider?
Must contact pharmacy to activate using one of the below methods:
- Automatically processed and ready for same day pickup within two hours or by 4:30 p.m.
- Please communicate with your provider to send to “DoD Hurlburt Field” Pharmacy.
- No need to activate if prescription is picked up within 10 duty days.
- Fill out online activation form from your computer or mobile device.
- No registration required. The process takes less than two minutes and can be completed from home.
- Send message to “Hurlburt Field Pharmacy Refill” via MHS GENESIS Patient Portal.
- Requires DS Logon. The process takes less than 10 minutes and can be completed from home.
- Use activation form in person at the pharmacy.
Not accepted due to Florida State Law
requiring electronic prescribing. Some exceptions apply.
- Activation requests are no longer processed via telephone.
- Typical turnaround time is less than one duty day.
- Sign up for text notifications to receive updates.
- Call automated line at (850) 881-5835 and enter 12-digit Rx number found on label
- Issues? Fill out an online activation form or send a message to “Hurlburt Field Pharmacy Refill” via MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
Beneficiaries have the option of picking up refills at a pharmacy kiosk called ScriptCenter, located at the Base Exchange near the food court, and available during Base Exchange operating hours.
If you would like to pick up your refill at the ScriptCenter, select that location by calling in your refill to (850) 881-5835, then select option 2. Refills will be delivered to the ScriptCenter three duty days after your request is placed. If you have any other questions about the ScriptCenter, please call the pharmacy at 850-881-2133.
TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
Use the TRICARE Formulary Search Tool
to look up your drug. A search can tell you:
- Formulary status (generic drug, brand-name drug, non-formulary drug, non-covered drug)
- Where the prescription can be filled
- Copayments and limitations, such as prior authorization
- Coverage review requirements and forms
- Alternative medications, including costs
To start your search, enter the brand name or generic name of the drug, select the strength prescribed, and enter your gender and age.